BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

We're heeeeeeere!


Hey kids/rents/friends and casual late night blogger reader!

We made it man!  And it was not easy...a hour flight to Chicago from Indy, then 10 hours to London then right on a plane for another 10 hours to Kenya...whew!  But we made it and let me say you never know how much you can stink or how oily your skin can get until you just do nothing but set on a plane for over 20+ hours!

We landed boarded a bus in Kenya then went straight to our home for the next week "The Grace House Resort" now I know what your thinking "RESORT"?  Well don't think Disneyland Resort when I tell you about this place, it is small/old/my shower is right next to my toilet and I have mosquito netting around my bed to keep the little pests out of my face while I sleep and keep me from getting sick from them.

But we are here and today on our first full day we got up had breakfast (now I will tell you the guys/gals who do the cooking here could blow the Disney people out of the water....gooooood food).  But we ate then.....WOW.....the church is located right next to the slum that we will be at for the majority of the week!  The worship was over the top awesomeness, they sang/clapped/danced/jumped up and down/cried and it was great!  You know what it reminded me of?  YOU!  Yeah I had the same feeling worshipping with them that I have when we are singing in the Zone.....oops!  I mean the gym now, I had someone say to me "that was something wasn't it Darren"?  I told them "reminded me of worshipping with the kids each week"!  But they did it in a way that blew me away..sometimes when I have had a bad week or am upset over something I don't want to sing, I want to sulk, I don't want to lift up my hands to praise the Lord I want to cross them and put on my grumpy face...not these people!  Not these people who have very little if anything at all...they praised God!  They worshipped, they went for it, they got it on, they get it and they....they got it, they got to be in the presence of God because they accepted Gods invite to come and worship Him!  Wow...it was great!

When we left church (2 1/2 hours later...felt like an hour at most to me) we went outside and a new friend I made while here named Steve called me over and said Darren look over this wall and see....I looked this is what I saw!

This is the slum area that thousands call home, you look to the right and left as far as you can and all you see is slum.  We just looked in, tomorrow we go in!  I will talk more later on tomorrow night...be looking for it!  So glad to hear that Pastor Tim and the crew did a fantastic job this first week in the new digs for the kids, hope it was fun, so looking forward to being back with you guys!  
Pastor Darren

0 comments: