BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bhondeni Day 2

Hey kids what is up?  Well this was day number 2 in Bhondeni and let me tell you it was incredible!  We prayed today for almost 230 kids and adults and 6 people came to know the Lord...YEAH!  Now that was worth the 24 hours of travel, questionable food, bad water, stinky bathrooms!  We also prayed for so many kids to be healed today, the conditions in the slum are so poor and all kinds of sickness is the norm for the children here!  I just tried to love them like Christ would and feel like he would for them and you know what? Jesus must hurt a whole lot because it brought me to tears today to pray with these kids and their families and see the struggles they have to live with...not deal with but "live" with!  This is a pic of the street looking north going into Bhondeni.

Now this one is kinda funny...you can't make it out very well but the sign on the building says "Beverly Hills Hotel"?  Now I have never been to Beverly Hills but have seen Beverly Hills Chawawa and this does not look like the Beverly Hills Hotel to me?  

See all those umbrellas?  Well all through the slums to make money people have little roadside shops set up selling everything from food to shoes, clothes to jewelry and just anything you can think of to make money to survive!  This picture does not do justice how many people have little shops set up and it is one of many little outdoor places you see all through the city.  

The pic at top was looking north going into Bhondeni and this one is looking south...you have any streets in your neighborhood that look like this?  I so miss all of you and hate that I will be missing this week as well but fear not super friends I will be back and more broken than ever on the 25th and hope to share all about my time her, please keep praying for K-dog and me as we continue to do what God puts before us!  
Love you guys! 
Pastor Darren

0 comments: