BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

God moments!

I love "God moments" those moments you do not see coming, you cannot plan for, and just hit you like a truck sometimes (like I know what that is like....wait, I do, but maybe for another post!) And is just the right thing for the moment, let me "splain" as Ricky Ricardo would say! So Sunday our dear Doug shared with the kids in both hours about how his dad had just passed away and told the kids "it is o.k. to cry" and began to weep a bit himself....was just genuine and authentic with the kids and they took note, not a sound out of the 100+ kids while he shared! And today a dad stopped me to tell me how on the way home he asked his daughter about the one thing she got most out of the morning and she said "that Jesus knows and cares about my hurts and it is o.k. to cry!" Cool or what? I mean not anything we planned or programmed or scripted in any way, but God just using us to make a difference in the lives of His little ones! It is why I say again and again to our mentors "your job is to be prayed up and read up and ready to come and live out Jesus to these little guys!" It works, when we are honest and transparent with each other and the kids it works, God works, He is awesome!

Our prayers go out to the Follett clan today and tomorrow when they will gather together to celebrate their dad's life! I did not know him at all but only through his son Doug, and can only say that if that is the legacy this man left on this earth...it is a good one!

Gotta run, lots to do b/4 Sunday and am leaving town to attend the services of Dougs dad so will have to bolt for now, thanks to all you mighty mentors for making this last week great and will make this Sunday awesome I am sure!

0 comments: