BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Scraper Booger

I know, I know...gross! Well yes but the term "scraper booger" has as much appeal to a 5th grade boy as "Venti Latte" to you and I! I'll explain later (I know you cannot wait) this week in the Zone was just soooooooo awesome! I thing the energy and fun is at a high and the changes we have made to facilitate size and each group is really working out well! I had such a good time up with the kids and my 5th grade group of boys this last week, and I guess it showed by me going on and on and on in the large group time......yeah, sorry bout that mentors, promise to do a better job of watching the clock this week and getting you to small groups on time!

This last week we talked about that 2nd beatitude and how happy are those (can hear the laughing now) who mourn because God will comfort them! So how did God comfort you in your sorrow this week? And this week we will be doing another letter "T" and this time it is for the word take..........no we are not going back on one of the commandments and advocating theft this week, that would be bad and make for a bad year end review for me! Rather blessed are those who take the path that God has laid out for them! Think about it, these kids see nothing but how the world tells them that the path to true happiness is thinking of yourself, getting all you can for yourself, pampering yourself. I was watching t.v. the other night (something I do not get to do all that much) and....what commercial was it....brain burp, hold on....awwwww I lost it! Anyway the point of the commercial was "you deserve it"....hmph! Deserve it, I pray I never have a day where I get what I deserve, the Bible says what we deserve is nothing to be desired because of sin, but what God has planned for us is life through Jesus Christ and a ever present help in times of trouble!

Life is tough, and I am not going to lie to God's little ones and tell them that it is not! They need to know that through the flames, floods, tough times God is there and He will see them through anything that life throws at them! He is good...all the time!

Hey I gotta bolt and get some things ready for the Back to School Bash on Friday........come on out if you can and see some of the kids in a different setting and have some food and enjoy the free concert!

Oh a "scraper booger" I asked the kids in my group this week to tell me their name and what is the grossest thing they ever had come out of their nose? And a scraper booger (according to one of my dignified and highly refined 5th graders) that it is one of those boogers that is hard on one side when you pick it and it scrapes the inside of your nose as you pull it out...........all 13 of us at the same time went "Ewwwwwwwww"! (Man I love working with these kids...they crack me up!)

Later dudes, am praying and wishing you God's best all week long!

0 comments: