BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

You punched him?

By far my favorite thing that happened this last Sunday is when I put the question to my small group of 5th graders "Can you tell me a time when you prayed for God's help and it happened?" One girl in the group told of how a older boy had been bugging her at recess last year, always threatening to punch her. And she said one day he came up to her and said "If you don't punch me I am going to punch you as hard as I can!" And she said that she was not going to let him hit her so she punched him right in the nose as hard as she could! I waited.....and waited.....and then asked "Sooooooo how did God help you in that situation?" And she responded by saying "Well I prayed that I would not get in trouble for punching him in the nose (as he ran off to the teacher crying and holding his nose) and then she said proudly "And guess what, I did not ever get in trouble for hitting him!"

Oh my.....the things we get to listen into each week with the kids, the ideas, attitudes.....ahhhh the attitudes! You and I are so blessed to be in this position of making a difference in the lives and attitudes of these kids! I shared with that girl an understanding of her circumstance and then we as a group look at Christ and what might of been His attitude if he faced the same situation.....how cool!

So people "When your having a bad day, God's help is on the way!" Have you caught yourself saying that to yourself this week? I know I have! I am amazed when we leave the Zone each week how many times I see that I have been the one ministered to and and have came away with a new nugget to chew on for the week, I hope the same is true for you!

We will be taking on the second beatitude this week and our practice point will be "Trusting God's Best." Matthew 5:3 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Jesus healing the daughter of Jairus will be the lesson focus and we want the kids to learn and know.....I need to be reminded and know.....that Jesus knows our hurts and He truly has our best interest at heart and we can trust Him for His best in any situation!

Have a great week peeps, be good and remember if your having a bad day then God's help is on the way. Now go out and punch someone right in the nose.....no wait, don't do that!

0 comments: