BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sorry...been busy man!

Hey friends/parents/kids
Sorry I have not posted since Easter...have heard and obeyed alright? What an awesome time we had in the Zone last week...I am so thankful for the entire group of peeps/mentors/leaders/helpers/zombies and Jesus freaks I work with each week and this week was no exception! We tackled the topic of leadership in the time with the kids this week and had a chance to encourage them and for some of the older groups I know really challenge them with the fact we all are called to be leaders in our worlds for God!
It was a pleasure to be in worship with both services this last week and hear the observations that both Cole and Doug made on the subject. Doug had an interview (video) of this man who is inspiring thousands of dad's with his commitment to his son and his disabilities. Maybe you know of him? This guys has run many marathons/iron man triathlons (not sure if it is harder to say or spell that word)? Anyway with his son in tow the whole way, just awesome for sure and really inspired me to be a better leader/dad for sure!
This week the topic will be a rip roaring good time! Whoo! Sorrow is what we are going to talk about Ezra and his sorrow he had over God's people who had traded in a relationship with the one true God for a relationship of comfort and complacency with the world...I wonder how many of us really truly feel sorrow for the sin in this world...it hurts Christ for sure, it pains him terribly I believe so how is it we, as having Christ in us, do not even feel a twinge of pain at the things going on in this world? To say that "well there is just so much one could do nothing but feel sorrow and God wants us to be happy" really? I mean yes I believe all in the joy of the Lord and His presence in my life brings with it unlimited possibilities...after all "nothing impossible with God" etc. So I'm with ya there but how do we handle what 2nd Corinthians chapter 7 teaches us? Seriously read the chapter and in verses like verse 10 "For godly grief produces a repentance not to be regretted and leading to salvation...." how or what do we do with sorrow or grief? Feel free to comment please I would love your thoughts!
And this week we will be taking the first 15 minutes or so to take the kids into adult worship to witness some very special baptisms from our kids and adults as well! Now that (baptism) always has a joy with it that just makes you smile!
Hey you have a life and I have alot to do for Sunday so I am out!
Love you guys
Pastor Darren

0 comments: