BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Blown Away!

I am so totally blown away week in and week out by the people we have serving up in the Zone! This last week our second hour large group leader...the amazing Dougini (don't ask, just come and watch) was out and I got the chance to pinch hit for him! The kids/mentors and I had such an awesome time worshipping and praising God and talking about the blood of Jesus and how when He forgives...He forgets and we do not have to walk around with a burden of guilt over us because as the word says "whom the Son has set free is free indeed!"
I then stood back and watched as the kids broke apart into groups and the leader of the third grade, lets call him David...because that is actually his name, David. Anyway, I watched him take a group of these boys and girls and circle them up and then pour out his love for Christ into their lives and just thought about my own childhood and the names and faces that I have long since forgotten but the lessons I know they poured into me that have made me into the Jesus follower I am today. Well let me check that their are some of those unique and totally passionate people that I can still see and hear, the "David's" of my own day!
This next Sunday we are getting into chapter 11 of Hebrews and the hall of faith! Cannot wait to see how God shows up this week...oh wait, most likely like he does each week through David/Patti/Dean/Mike/Ashley/Kathy/and all the other wonderful and awesome mentors up in the Zone!
See you guys
Darren

0 comments: