BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 21, 2009

4 Corners!

Well this week we had (again) another fabulous, wonderful, awesome week in the Zone! I know, I know, "you say that every week!" Yeah, I guess I do...but it is what I have come to expect from each week in the Zone! Perfection? No discipline problems? No pukes/bleeding? No shows for classes? Hey we got all that and more! It's children's ministry man...it's dangerous, hilarious, fun, scary, messy and every other colorful word you can think of I am sure it applies in some way! But it is awesome for one reason and one alone! We ask and expect God to show up each week and totally (try) to let the Holy Spirit lead and direct our morning...and with that kind of start I don't care what happens it is going to be a "good, good, good, good, good, good morning" man that song gets stuck in ones head!
On to this next week, first, we are breaking up the team and sending reps all over the world, Cole is heading out to Kenya for 10 days to take the kids offerings and stuff they collected to the kids in the slum we will be adopting...I am heading off to Dallas to see/listen/hear/allow God to pour into me what He has for us next here and am so excited about that! And this week upcoming we will be talking about sacrifice!
Kids get it, we all as kids were in a sitch where someone "took the hit" for something we did and rightfully deserved punishment for. And this week we will examine the greatest of all examples of such sacrifice and that is Christ's punishment for our sins...pray with us we can make this come alive to the kids and they will leave with a full understanding that the sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ should result in nothing less that a total sacrificial abandonment to the Lord every day of our lives!
Later friends, thanks for the kind words, thoughts and prayers! I look forward to being with the kids next week in the Zone and sharing what God reveals this week in Dallas...I need a hat!
Pastor Darren

0 comments: